Thursday, April 16, 2009

Idol, breastfeeding, etc.

I can't believe it's Thursday! The day goes by so fast now! I hope everyone has gotten their taxes done. My mom was telling me there was a huge crowd at the post office yesterday. I finished mine in February so I didn't have a need to deal with the post office. Whew!
Well, it's finally a nice day. So, not only can I run some errands but I take AJ to the park. We've been indoors for the past couple days so I am sure she'll love to be out.

So, did anyone watch American Idol last night? I was surprised they finally used the save technique. Although, it's going to suck next week when two contestants have to go.

On the home front, I am going to try to wean AJ soon. She associates sleeping with nursing so I need to try other techniques with her. I may having her father put her to sleep so she'll get adapted to a new way of sleeping. I never thought I would breastfeed this long. When she was first born, I said I'd do it until she was 6 months and now she's almost 12 months old. I guess you never know! I will probably wait until she 12 months to wean her, which will be May 1st.

My cousin thinks breastfeeding is so nasty and sees it primarily for sexual purposes. She always shakes her head when she hears I am still breastfeeding. But yes, she's a mom herself and did try breastfeeding for the first week of her child's life. So, it didn't quite work for her.
It does have a lot of great benefits so I know I would do it again for my next child. I am just glad that it is becoming more accepting. I know when I was born, it wasn't as common as it is now. So, it's a great option as well as a great cost saving strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment