Monday, April 6, 2009

Being A Mom

Being A Mom
I can remember vividly being a single just two years ago. I was 27, frustrated and wondered when things were going to change. I mean not to sound like I was desperate but I had gone out on many dates but it never seem like anything would progress. So, it was July 2007 and I remember thinking well, I am going to enjoy my life because once it happens, I know I will miss being single. This particular day I decided to get out of the house because I thought, I am not going to meet anyone being in my apartment. So, I went to the gym and there was my fiancee'. We hit it off quickly by September 2007 I was pregnant with my first child. So, it was finally happening for me. It definitely shows you never know what life has in store for you.

So, here we are now and my child is almost a year old. My how time flys. It seems just like yesterday I was pregnant and wanted to get it over with. And then I give birth and I slowly start to realize it was easier being pregnant. I mean I had tried to mentally prepare myself to have interrupted sleep but when it happens you realize you can't prepare yourself.
It is easier now but she still wakes up. I didn't think this part would happen. But it's a lot of work, which I am sure many moms can relate. It is also that part of trying to maintain the house. My fiancee' works a lot so the majority of the time everything falls on me. So, it's me and my daughter most of the time. How does one find a balance?
We always thought about having another one but geez, I feel burned out with just one. LOL! Not too mentioned she had to be born 4 weeks early due to me developing preeclampsia, so I worry about that. Not too mentioned I have a fibroid, which apparently runs in my mother's family. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment