Monday, May 18, 2009

This past weekend was pretty laid back. I didn't do what I had planned to do, which is probably why it was so laid back! We kinda stayed in most of Saturday. I ended up taking a nap since I woke up around 7:30 Saturday morning. After the nap, we attempted to go to the park but it appeared to be closed so I got a Latte from McDonald's and we watched a movie, and that was it.
I guess McDonald's is the new competition for Starbuck's. They are now offering coffee similar to Starbucks at a cheaper price. I wonder how Starbuck's is going to survive. I already heard that they were losing customers to the economy and now here comes McDonald's.
I haven't been to Starbucks in awhile, mainly because I have been breastfeeding for the past year and then I was preggers so I made the decision to stay away from coffee. But even still, I have always saw it as expensive. So, it was always something that was a treat every month or so. Even with McDonald's Vanilla Latte, I paid almost $3.00, will be a luxury every now and then. Although, I have heard that the Lattes at Dunkin Donuts are cheaper. Speaking of donuts, I wouldn't mind having one today. I haven't had a donut in a good while.
Okay, time to make breakfast, take my daughter to get the MMR/ varicella vaccination, and homework.

1 comment:

  1. Iced Coffee from McD's is my new obsession. It's not yet chilly or it will likely soon change to a latte. But a large iced coffee is $2.11 (with tax) and a drivethru to boot!
    -Mindy

    ReplyDelete